Re: [patch 0/3] j_state_lock, j_list_lock, remove-bitlocks

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 02:00:06 EST

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> OK, no need to cc: me on this one any more. It's really low priority
> IMO compared to the big latencies I am seeing with ext3 and
> "data=ordered". Unless you think there is any relation.

IMO a deadlock is higher priority than a big latency :-)

I still belive that something to do with the locking in ext3 has to do
with your latencies, but I'll take you off when I send something to Andrew
or Ingo next time. Hopefully, they'll do the same.

When this problem is solved on Ingo's side, maybe this will solve your
latency problem, so I recommend that you keep trying the latest RT
kernels. BTW what test are you running that causes these latencies?

-- Steve