Re: BKCVS broken ?

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 22:09:33 EST

Followup to: <20050317154434.GA24378@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
By author: lm@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Larry McVoy)
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> I'll check into it. We've been having problems with connecting to
> master.kernel.org, yup, here you go, anyone else seeing this?
>
> From lm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thu Mar 17 05:06:57 2005
> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:00:57 -0800
> From: root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cron Daemon)
> To: lm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Cron <lm@slovax> /bk-cvsexport/src/UPDATE
>
> Read from remote host master.kernel.org: Connection timed out

Please Cc: any reports of badness on kernel.org to
ftpadmin@xxxxxxxxxx; I would have seen this quicker that way.

Around the time the above happened the machine was pretty bogged down,
because we're preparing new hardware to replace the main server, and
were doing some very large copies. It might have caused a timeout.

I notice a long login from you at approximately 14:00 PST; does that
mean this is no longer an issue?

-hpa