Re: [ACPI] IDE failure on ACPI resume

From: Nate Lawson
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 19:10:56 EST

Matthew Garrett wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 12:34 -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
Very interesting. I was hoping to someday have _GTF et al implemented but the ATA knowledge required was above my head. I also strongly suspected that the info published by _GTF would likely be invalid. Does Windows actually use that method or just hardcoded ATA initialization?

I believe that Windows does use the _GTF methods.

You are correct. A quick scan of my w2k drivers shows atapi.sys uses the _GTF, _GTM, and _STM methods.

--
Nate