Re: 2.6.11 USB broken on VIA computer (not just ACPI)

From: Robert W. Fuller
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 12:52:22 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:58:50AM -0500, Robert W. Fuller wrote:
Are you running the latest BIOS?
The manufacturer, Tyan, didn't produce more than a handful of BIOS'es within a matter of months after they started producing the board. They haven't released an update since 2000.
I used to have this motherboard, and Randy Dunlap and I spent a lot of
time to try to get this to work properly. Just give up and go by a
motherboard that actually has a sane bios, or, buy a USB pci card (less
than $20).

Tempting, but how do I know the new board will work? Shoot, it took me about a year to get everything in this system to work excepting the USB. Do you have any recommendations for a good Linux SMP motherboard, preferably for AMD processors?

Sorry,

Thanks for the insight. Now I won't waste too much more time on this.

Regards,

Rob