Re: Intel Ethernet PRO 100

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 02:36:43 EST

>>> Where we can find specs for writing driver for Intel PRO 100 card.

RD> You can find a developer's manual for the 8255x NIC at
RD> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42302

I'. not sure what NIC the original poster meant, but:

PRO 100 is actually an older card than e100 supports. e100 supports Pro
100+ and other newer cards. Original Pro 100 used 82556 but this doc
(and e100) is about 82557 and newer chips.

The PCI ID of 82556-based pro 100 smart was just removed from eepro100
driver too because it didn't actually work. I have two of these cards
and tested myself that they did not work.

--
Meelis Roos