Re: 2.6.11 USB broken on VIA computer (not just ACPI)

From: Robert W. Fuller
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 02:00:17 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
"Robert W. Fuller" <orangemagicbus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nobody's going to fix that machine while you persist in top-posting ;)

OK OK. No more top posting. It's Mozilla's fault you know.... It steers you in the wrong direction by leaving a few lines at the top. Yes I'm ashamed to admit I remember when the default behavior of mail clients was to put the cursor at the bottom.

How old is it, anyway?

Hmm. I think I built it in 2000. Wow, time flies when you're having fun!

Of course, I don't know how well video capture is going to work without the apic programming. So I guess I'm reduced to rebooting when I want to switch between USB peripherals and video capture?

hm, you didn't mention video capture before. It should work OK?

I've only ever used it with the APIC enabled. We'll see what happens without?

Are you running the latest BIOS?

The manufacturer, Tyan, didn't produce more than a handful of BIOS'es within a matter of months after they started producing the board. They haven't released an update since 2000.

You may be able to set the thing up by hand with the help of
Documentation/i386/IO-APIC.txt.

I'll check it out. Thanks!