Re: [patch] x86: fix ESP corruption CPU bug (take 2)

From: Stas Sergeev
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 15:12:41 EST

Hello.

Andrew Morton wrote:
I added this patch to -mm.
Many thanks!

Alan, sorry for bothering you with that.

- If the patch patches something which is in Linus's kernel, prepare a
diff against Linus's latest kernel.
- If the patch patches something which is only in -mm, prepare a patch
against -mm.
In this case, I merged the patch prior to the kgdb patch and then fixed
up the fallout.
(If that causes kgdb to break in non-obvious-to-me ways then I might come
calling "help".
Thanks for explanations. That's what I
tried to find in your "The perfect patch"
guidelines many times, but it is not there
in such details.