Re: inconsistent kallsyms data [2.6.11-mm2]

From: Dominik Brodowski
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 17:58:02 EST

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:12:22PM +0000, Paulo Marques wrote:
> Paulo Marques wrote:
> >[...]
> >A simple and robust way is to do the sampling on a list of symbols
> >sorted by symbol name. This way, even if the symbol positions that are
> >given to scripts/kallsyms change, the symbols sampled will be the same.
> >
> >I'll do the patch to do this and send it ASAP.
>
> Ok, here it is.
>
> Dominik can you try the attached patch and see if it solves the problem?

It does not solve the problem:

~/local/kernel/linux-2.6.11-mm2 $ patch -p1 < ~/kallpatch
patching file scripts/kallsyms.c
~/local/kernel/linux-2.6.11-mm2 $ make
CHK include/linux/version.h
HOSTCC scripts/kallsyms
make[1]: »arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s« ist bereits aktualisiert.
CHK include/linux/compile.h
CHK usr/initramfs_list
CC [M] arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.o
KSYM .tmp_kallsyms1.S
AS .tmp_kallsyms1.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux2
KSYM .tmp_kallsyms2.S
AS .tmp_kallsyms2.o
LD vmlinux
SYSMAP System.map
SYSMAP .tmp_System.map
Inconsistent kallsyms data
Try setting CONFIG_KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS
make: *** [vmlinux] Fehler 1

Will test the other patch floating around in just a moment.

Thanks,
Dominik