Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.11-rc3-V0.7.38-01

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 02:39:13 EST

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 15:46 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 15:39 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > > I'm leaving now for the weekend, so I won't be able to respond to anyone
> > > till Monday. I'll also run this patch over the weekend while compiling
> > > the kernel in an endless loop
> >
> > I'll test this with PREEMPT_DESKTOP and data=ordered also and see how it
> > goes.
>
> Does not seem to work at all with the above settings. It seemed OK
> until I started X. Then every time I launched an xterm it would
> disappear as soon as I typed anything. I could not switch consoles to
> see the Oops.

Hi Lee,

I just compiled PREEMPT_DESKTOP and mounted root (only disk filesystem on
my test machine) as data=ordered. I had no problem getting to X, starting
an xterm and running a make. Actually it was a gnome-term since I didn't
have xterm. But then I su to root, apt-get xterm, ran xterm, and did a
make there with no problems.

Did you patch this against 39-02 or -40-X?

I haven't had time to upgrade to 40 yet. Maybe, I'll work on that today.

Maybe your crash has something else to do with. My test machine has a
serial hookup that I can look at even if the term goes down. I'll see if
40 gives me problems.

-- Steve