Re: OSS Audio borked between 2.6.6 and 2.6.10

From: Greg Stark
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 01:22:51 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> The 2.6.6 i810_audio.c compiles OK in current kernels with the below patch
> applied.

This would be a good time to learn the right way to do this: how do I build a
driver from a kernel tree without building the whole tree?

Like, if I copy the 2.6.6 drivers to a new directory outside a kernel tree, is
there some magic make command I can give it to point it at the 2.6.10 tree for
the build environment including make includes and header files?

--
greg