[CHECKER] crash + fsck cause file systems to contain loops (msdosand vfat, 2.6.11)

From: Junfeng Yang
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 05:31:47 EST

Hi,

We are from the Stanford Checker team and are currently developing a file
system checker call FiSC. FiSC mainly focuses on finding crash-recovery
errors. We applied it to FiSC and found a serious error where crash then
recovery cause the file system to contain loops.

To reproduce the warning, download and run our test cases at

http://fisc.stanford.edu/bug7/crash.c (for msdos)
http://fisc.stanford.edu/bug10/crash.c (for vfat)

you can also find the crashed disk images in the corresponding
directories.

We are not sure if these are bugs or not. Your
confirmations/clarifications on this are well appreciated.

-Junfeng