RE: fsck error on flashcard with ext2 filesystem

From: Santosh Gupta
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 15:07:06 EST

Thanks Jan,
Although "sync" doesnt seem to make any difference to fsck output,
"blockdev --flushbufs" fixes the issue.

Still wondering why the flushing of buffer behavior is different on a
system with normal harddisk (Redhat 7.2 with 2.4.26 kernel ) as compared
to a system with flashcard (CoreLinux with 2.4.26 kernel) although the
system parameters/daemons are the same. I dont have to do sync or
blockdev --flushbufs on standard system. Any ideas?

I was using fsck with "-n" option which doesnt executes the command, just
shows what would be done. I thought it would be harmless.
Thanks again.

Regards,
santosh