Re: Average power consumption in S3?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 14:46:20 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

I've sort-of been waiting for ATI to tell me how to retreive the proper
memory register setting from the BIOS, since the code in there currently
is quite powerbook specific, and might not write the exact correct value
on all models. I suppose it works fine on yours so far, but I'd rather
have a way to know the right value ... unfortunately, they didn't reply
on this request.

Any chance that it will apply to other Radeon based machines? I have an ASUS (1681) using the 8700 chipset. At the moment suspecd doesn't work at all, but at least somewhere in 2.6.10+ turning off the backlight started working with the screen saver.

I guess it's better than my Dell and Toshiba laptops, which suspecnd but don't resume :-(

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)