RE: Writing data > PAGESIZE into kernel with proc fs

From: Weber Matthias
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 05:29:51 EST

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 20:05:42 +0100, Weber Matthias wrote:
>> is there any chance to signal an EOF when writing data to kernel via proc fs? >> Actually if the length of data is N*PAGE_SIZE it seems not to be detectable.
>> I followed up the "struct file" but haven't found anything that helped...

> End-of-file is signified by closing the file. As usual.

Having only this struct describing an proc entry, i have no idea on how to detect when the file is closed. For this i expect to register a callback function but where and how?

struct proc_dir_entry {
unsigned int low_ino;
unsigned short namelen;
const char *name;
mode_t mode;
nlink_t nlink;
uid_t uid;
gid_t gid;
unsigned long size;
struct inode_operations * proc_iops;
struct file_operations * proc_fops;
get_info_t *get_info;
struct module *owner;
struct proc_dir_entry *next, *parent, *subdir;
void *data;
read_proc_t *read_proc;
write_proc_t *write_proc;
atomic_t count; /* use count */