Re: [RFC] -stable, how it's going to work.

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 05:19:53 EST

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:10:59AM +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 10:56 +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > One rule I'm missing:
> >
> > - It must be accepted to mainline.
> >

> I absolutely agree with Andi on this one.

What about the case (as highlighted in previous discussions) that the
stable tree needs a simple "dirty" fix, whereas mainline takes the
complex "clean" fix?

>From what's been said above, this means that the stable tree doesn't
get the simple "dirty" fix, because that isn't what's been accepted
into mainline. However, it could take the complex "clean" fix, but
that may have too high an impact.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core