problem in adding a new element to task_struct

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 03:58:23 EST

I want to add a linked list member(list_head) to
the task_struct data structure in kernel 2.4.28 for my
personal work. When I added them without initializing
them in INIT_TASK, no problem occurred. But when I
initialized the linked list member using
LIST_INIT_HEAD the kernel stops in POSIX
initialization phase and it never proceeds after that.
What should I take into account when adding my member
to the task_struct? What could be the problem?

Regards & thanks in advance,
selva