Re: Touchpad "tapping" changes in 2.6.11?

From: Henrik Persson
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 11:12:25 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:14:02 +0100, Henrik Persson <root@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there.

I noticed that the ALPS driver was added to 2.6.11, a thing that alot of
people probably like, but since my touchpad (Acer Aspire 1300XV) worked
perfectly before (like, 2.6.10) and now the ALPS driver disables
'hardware tapping', wich makes it hard to tap. I commented out the
disable-tapping bits in alps.c and now it's working like a charm again.

Hi,

Could you please try 2.6.11-mm1. It has bunch of Peter Osterlund's
patches that shoudl improve the situation with tapping.

Well, -mm1 didn't quite agree with my savage gfx drivers. But I'm booting with psmouse.proto=exps now, and it's working the way I'm used to now.

The Aspire 1300-series is quite different from the 1350 ones.. The touchpad on the 1300 will work like a charm without the synaptics driver (but no fancy stuff is supported, I guess). Before you could boot and be happy without the synaptics driver, now you probably have to install the synaptics driver to be happy.. Maybe that's not so good. :)

Could this touchpad use the "exps" proto as default and then you could reconfigure if you want to use the ALPS driver..?

--
Henrik Persson