Re: [RFQ] Rules for accepting patches into the linux-releases tree

From: Joel Becker
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 06:26:50 EST

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:21:46PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> Anything else anyone can think of? Any objections to any of these?

Well, Linus's rules regarding signoff are good as well. I'd
suggest, once there is a set of $sucker-evaluators, we could use a good
rule like requiring 5 folks to signoff (Linus's original proposal), or
3 including the subsystem maintainer (who doesn't have to be part of
$sucker-evaluators) - whichever comes first. Any patch that affects an
area where it isn't easy to determine who is the authorative maintainer
just has to wait for the full 5 person signoff.

Joel

--

"Behind every successful man there's a lot of unsuccessful years."
- Bob Brown

Joel Becker
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Oracle