Re: SVGATextMode on 2.6.11

From: Alan Curry
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 19:44:16 EST

I wrote:

>Was SVGATextMode's cursor-setting ability removed as a result of an
>intentional change, or might it get fixed? Or might CUR_DEFAULT become
>tunable? Maybe another control sequence could make the current cursor
>settings the default, like setterm -store does for foreground and background
>colors.

I found the cause of this new behavior: font loading. SVGATextMode can be
configured to load a font with consolechars. It does that after setting the
cursor. In 2.6.11 vgacon_adjust_height() was changed to reset the cursor in
addition to the font size. The solution is: disable SVGATextMode's font

The second problem remains a mystery: