Re: proc/locaavg definition

From: David Lang
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 12:36:53 EST

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

David Lang <david.lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

from what I have been able to find under /Documentation /proc/loadavg is
defined as giving three loadaverage numbers, 1 min, 5 min, 15 min.

however as of 2.6.5ish timeframe there are a coupld of additional colums
that do not appear to be documented

the first is something #/# that could be # of running processes/total # of
processes, but I can't find a definition of this anywhere

number of currently ready-to-run threads
/
total number of threads in the machine
the pid of the most-recently-created thread.

No idea why the last one is there.

Thanks

-- C.A.R. Hoare