Re: x86_64: 32bit emulation problems

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 12:03:12 EST

on den 02.03.2005 Klokka 12:33 (+0100) skreiv Bernd Schubert:

> > I can see no good reason for truncating inode number values on platforms
> > that actually do support 64-bit inode numbers, but I can see several
>
> Well, at least we would have a reason ;)

A 32-bit emulation mode is clearly a "platform" which does NOT support
64-bit inode numbers, however there is (currently) no way for the kernel
to detect that you are running that. Any extra truncation should
therefore ideally be done by the emulation layer rather than the kernel
itself.

Cheers,
Trond
--