Re: 2.6.11-rc5-mm1

From: Russell King
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 09:00:51 EST

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:36:36AM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:27:41 PST, Andrew Morton said:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.11-rc5/2.6.11-rc5-mm1/
>
> > - A pcmcia update which obsoletes cardmgr (although cardmgr still works) and
> > makes pcmcia work more like regular hotpluggable devices. See the
> > changelong in pcmcia-dont-send-eject-request-events-to-userspace.patch for
> > details.
>
> This is still showing the same 'cs: unable to map card memory!' issue on my
> Dell laptop. Backing out bk-pci.patch makes it work again.
>
> For what it's worth, the hotplug system wasn't able to initialize the wireless
> card (TrueMobile 1150) at boot - still needed cardmgr to get it started up.
> But that might just me being an idiot...

It's probably a clash between the PCI updates and the PCMCIA updates.

The PCI updates change the prototype of a helper function for
pci_bus_alloc_resource(), but don't touch the actual helper function
in PCMCIA.

This means that the PCI update is actually broken - if it's merged as
is into Linus' tree, PCMCIA will break there as well.

Can whoever did the PCI update please resolve this mismatch. Moreover,
if 2.6.11 appears, please do not merge the PCI updates until this has
been resolved. Thanks.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core