Re: [2.6 patch] SCSI: possible cleanups

From: Douglas Gilbert
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 03:16:52 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
Before I'm getting flamed to death:

Adrian,
I have a few comments below.

This patch contains possible cleanups. If parts of this patch conflict with pending changes these parts of my patch have to be dropped.

This patch contains the following possible cleanups:
- make needlessly global code static
- remove or #if 0 the following unused functions:
- scsi.h: print_driverbyte
- scsi.h: print_hostbyte

The names of the above are too general so they should go
as soon as practical.

- constants.c: scsi_print_hostbyte
- constants.c: scsi_print_driverbyte

I'm a bit surprised nothing else is using the above two.

- scsi_scan.c: scsi_scan_single_target
- remove the following unneeded EXPORT_SYMBOL's:
- constants.c: __scsi_print_sense
- hosts.c: scsi_host_lookup
- scsi.c: scsi_device_cancel
- scsi_error.c: scsi_normalize_sense

I introduced scsi_normalize_sense() recently, Christoph H.
proposed it should be static but Luben Tuikov (aic7xxx
maintainer) said he wished to use it in the future.
Hence it was left global.

- scsi_error.c: scsi_sense_desc_find

A pending patch on st from Kai M. will be using
scsi_sense_desc_find(). I presume others will be using
it in the future (e.g. SAT returns ATA status via
a sense data descriptor with no corresponding fixed
format representation).

- scsi_lib.c: scsi_device_resume
- scsi_scan.c: scsi_rescan_device
- scsi_scan.c: scsi_scan_single_target