Re: Raid-6 hang on write.

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 02:00:54 EST

Neil Brown wrote:

Could you please confirm if there is a problem with
2.6.11-rc4-bk4->bk10

as reported, and whether it seems to be the same problem.

Ok.. are we all ready? I had applied your development patches to all my vanilla 2.6.11-rc4-* kernels. Thus they all exhibited the same problem in the same way as -mm1. <Smacks forehead against wall repeatedly>

I had applied the patch to correct the looping resync issue with too many failed drives, and just continued and applied all the other patches also.

I have been unable to reproduce the fault using a vanilla 2.6.11-rc5-bk2 kernel.

Oh well, at least we now know about a bug in the -mm patches.

Regards,
Brad