Re: ext3 bug

From: jmerkey
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 23:03:59 EST

jmerkey wrote:

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

Le lundi 28 février 2005 à 08:31 -0700, jmerkey a écrit :

I see this problem infrequently on systems that have low memory conditions and
with heavy swapping. I have not seen it on 2.6.9 but I have seen it on 2.6.10.

My machine has 1 GB RAM and I wasn't using much of it at that time (2GB
free on the swap), so I doubt that's the problem in my case.

Jean-Marc

Running the ext2 recover program seems to trigger some good bugs in 2.6.10 with ext3 -- try it. I was doing this
to test some disk tools and I managed to cause these errors with forcing ext2 recovery from an ext3 fs (which is
probably something to be expected. The recover tools need to get syncrhonized -- have not tried with
mc yet.) Doesn't happen every time though.

Jeff

lde also causes some problems as well with ext3. Just caused one on 2.6.10. stale or poisoned
cache blocks perhaps?

Jeff