Scheduler question in __wake_up_common() - Real Time Apps

From: Chad N. Tindel
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 13:32:12 EST

I have a question about the implementation in __wake_up_common() that I'm
hoping someone might know the background on. This function wakes up
a specified number of tasks for a wait_queue. I'm wondering why it doesn't
wake up the tasks in priority order, so that for things following wake-one
semantics high priority tasks get woken up before lower priority tasks.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that it simplifies the
O(1) implementation, but I'm wondering if maybe there is something else.

Thanks,

Chad