user space program from keyboard driver

From: Payasam Manohar
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:58:17 EST

hai all,
I am a newbie to kernel, I want to work on linux kernel modules.
My task is to call a user program from keyboard driver under certain conditions. I know that we can call user program using call_usermodehelper(), but we can not call it direcly from driver as it is a interrupt context. So we need to call using schedule_work(). But I need more clarification on these points. How to call user program from the keyboard driver. Please give ur ideas for doing this.

Any small help is appreciated.

Please cc ur replies to my mail id.

Thanks&Regards,

P.Manohar,