Re: [patch 3/2] drivers/char/vt.c: remove unnecessary code

From: Martin Mares
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 09:45:56 EST

Hello!

> I agree :) . But, if we look to the code, we can notice that there is actually
> no reason for npar to be unsigned. What do you think of this version?

What does it try to solve? Your version is in no way better than the previous one.
The previous one was more readable and it's quite possible that both
will be compiled to the same sequence of instructions.

Also, as Arjan noted, if you want to improve the code, use memset.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
American patent law: two monkeys, fourteen days.