Re: Raid-6 hang on write.

From: Neil Brown
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 00:52:11 EST

On Friday February 25, brad@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Turning on debugging in raid6main.c and md.c make it much harder to hit. So I'm assuming something
> timing related.
>
> raid6d --> md_check_recovery --> generic_make_request --> make_request --> get_active_stripe

Yes, there is a real problem here. I see if I can figure out the best
way to remedy it...
However I think you reported this problem against a non "-mm" kernel,
and the path from md_check_recovery to generic_make_requests only
exists in "-mm".

Could you please confirm if there is a problem with
2.6.11-rc4-bk4->bk10

as reported, and whether it seems to be the same problem.

Thanks,
NeilBrown