Re: sched_yield behavior

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 17:07:03 EST

Giovanni Tusa wrote:

If I am not wrong, the scheduler will choose it again (it will be still the
higher priority task, and the only of its priority list).
I have to add an explicit sleep to effectively relinquish the CPU for some
time, or the scheduler can deal with such a
situation in another way?

Yes, the scheduler will choose it again. This behaviour is also
specified in the relevant standards.

Your alternatives may be to use other methods of userspace
synchronisation (eg. pipes, semaphores), or to use timers.