Re: XFS dm_crypt BUG?

From: Stephen Lord
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 14:38:16 EST

Torben Viets wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with the XFS-filesystem, I use the Kernel 2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc4 and rc5 everytime the same behavior.

I have a RAID 5(md0) with 3 disks on md0 (chunk-size 128) there is a logical volume (/dev/data/mp3-crypt) which is crypted with AES and the encrypted version ist under /dev/mapper/mp3, if the filestem on it is xfs and then copie some files on it then I get a kernel panic, mostly on greater files (>200MB), if I make the same thing with ext3 there is no problem. My first thougt was that the problem is that I make a snapshot of the device, but if i remove this it won't work anyway.

My sytem is a Pentium4 1800Mhz
512 MB SDRAM

I can't show you the kernel panic message, because I didn't found it in the syslog, it is only on the screen,

I'm not sure what infos you need too.

greetings
Torben Viets

The complete kernel panic is what is needed to get anywhere with this.

If all else fails, get a digital camera and take a picture of it,
although you may need to reconfigure your console to get enough lines
displayed. A console down a serial line to another computer is the best
way of capturing these though.

Just on a hunch, check if you have 4K stacks turned on, if you do, go
back to 8K stacks and see if that cures it.

Steve