problem with ps2 and trackpoint in 2.6.11-rc4

From: Christoffer Gurell
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 09:23:55 EST

(I hope trackpoint is the correct word. It is a small "joy"stick like
pointer located between the keys of the keyboard on many laptops)

As of 2.6.11-rc4 the trackpoint on my Dell Latitude d800 no longer
works.
The d800 is equiped with both a trackpoint and a touchpad and up to 2.6.11-rc3
both worked fine with the kernel ps2 driver.

The touchpad still works in 2.6.11-rc4 and rc5 but the trackpoint does
nothing.

dmesg gives me the following in both rc3 and rc4.

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
ALPS Touchpad (Dualpoint) detected
input: AlpsPS/2 ALPS TouchPad on isa0060/serio1

I am not registered on the mailinglist so please cc replies.

/ Christoffer Gurell