Re: accept() fails with EINTER

From: linux-os
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 12:10:43 EST

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 folkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Trying to run an old server with a new kernel. A connection
fails with "interrupted system call" as soon as a client
attempts to connect. A trap in the code to continue
works, but subsequent send() and recv() calls fail in
the same way.

Weren't you supposed to just 'try again' when receiving EINTR (or
EAGAIN)?

Absolutely. However it's an old server that used to work with
2.4.22 and before. I don't want to have to rewrite everything
and.... Why should send() recv() read() write(), etc. always
get an EINTR everytime something uses them? It doesn't happen
on other systems.

I think that something is supposed to be masked OFF that
isn't being masked OFF

Folkert van Heusden

Op zoek naar een IT of Finance baan? Mail me voor de mogelijkheden!
|UNIX admin? Then give MultiTail (http://vanheusden.com/multitail/)|
|a try, it brings monitoring logfiles to a different level! See |
|http://vanheusden.com/multitail/features.html for a feature list. |
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.10 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.