Usage of EXTRA_CFLAGS

From: Horst von Brand
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 10:34:04 EST

Here (sparc64) I get build failures due to EXTRA_CFLAGS being set in
arch/sparc64/kernel/Makefile:

EXTRA_CFLAGS := -Werror

But if I override this setting (broken, filesistems use clear_user(),
discard the result and have comments justifiying this) on the make run like

make EXTRA_CFLAGS= all

the build fails in security/selinux/avc.c, since security/selinux/Makefile
adds:

EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Isecurity/selinux/include

For now, I edited arch/sparc64/Makefile. There has to be some way to
control stuff like -Werror independently of other stuff (or perhaps the
SELinux Makefile got it wrong?).