Re: 2.6.11-rc4-mm1

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 06:50:00 EST

> - Last, final, ultimate call: if anyone has patches in here which are 2.6.11
> material, please tell me.

I guess that depends on how you define 2.6.11 material at this point, but
I have a few patches that I wrote in there, that I think are potential
candidates due to them being fairly trivial, obviously correct and not
having caused any problems since entering -mm. Those patches might as well
get merged into 2.6.11 now and get out of your queue/hair.

The patches I have in mind are these:

fix-placement-of-static-inline-in-nfsdh.patch
--
This one has no actual impact on the generated code, it just kills a few
warnings when building with gcc -W, so merging that up should be harmless.

kyrofb-copy__user-return-value-checks-added-to-kyro-fb.patch
--
This one just adds a few return value checks to copy_*_user calls and
returns -EFAULT when failing. I've seen no complains about the patch on

warning-fix-in-drivers-cdrom-mcdc.patch
--
Trivial, obviously correct, warning fix to an ancient driver. No point in
having you carry it around in -mm, let's just merge it.

make-loglevels-in-init-mainc-a-little-more-sane.patch
--
This one just changes a few loglevels, so the potential for breakage is
extremely low. Besides I believe I've argued the case for the new

The patches above are all very low risk, so they shouldn't cause any
problems for 2.6.11. Let us merge them now to a) get the bennefit of them
in 2.6.11 and b) get them out of your -mm queue.

nitpick note: despite some of these patches having From: lines in them in
your -mm patch set that list other people they where all written by me.
Other people getting listed as From: (and thus later as patch author in
the changelogs and bk) seems to happen when other people resend the
patches to the list or when they pass through maintainers before they
reach you. Just to set the record straight; I initially wrote the patches
above.

Kind regards,

Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx>