From: Anil Kumar
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 21:36:52 EST

Hi,

I am trying to install RHEL 4, 2.6.9-5.EL. I have adaptec 39320
controller, The install CD already has aic79xx driver in it. The
driver does NOT load for some reason. If I take the same aic79xx
driver source, Create an img and install RHEL4 using linux dd, it
works fine.

Can you please let me know, what files/lookup tables does the OS look
into for loading a driver for 2.6?

Also can you please point me to steps on to how to replace an existing
driver(I suspect the default driver in RHEL4 CD may be wrong) in the
RHEL4 install CD with my own aic79xx built driver?

with regards,
Anil