Re: ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning! Use ide-cd and give dev=/dev/hdXas device

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 15:32:12 EST

David Lang wrote:
I regularly burn tarballs to a CD without useing a filesystem and as long as I use the -pad option when burning I've had no problems reading them (the -pad was nessasary even when I was useing ide-scsi)

That matches my experience, at least as far as the "no problem" part, I never tried without -pad because it just seemed as if cdrecord would have a better idea of what the drive wanted than I do.

I have burned tarballs, as well as cpio (I like the checking with -Hcrc and not overwriting newer versions of a file), and more recently I have been burning encrypted filesystem images onto DVDs directly, and that works as well.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)