Re: E-cards for You

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 04:49:14 EST

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 00:48 -0800, Chuck Harding wrote:
> it has a miniscule false-positive rate, yet
> catches all of the 419, phish, E-cards, etc, etc, etc, that get sent to
> the list. I am only an end-user in that I do

419 spam mails in what timespan ?

I get max. 1 per day which is really sent through the maillist. I guess
the list is hit by min. 5000 per day, so what. Want you really to bitch
about the one which slips through ?

Of course my spam filters / mail server get rid of dozens per day which
pretend to come from the maillist.

> can't the admins at vger.kernel.org
> set up the same kind of filtering so that the junk never even gets into
> the outbound majordomo queue? I've

Can you imagine what happens when they remove the filters ?

tglx