Re: 2.6.11-rc4 seems broken for Nforce2 chipset

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 18:45:57 EST

really bensoo_at_soo_dot_com wrote:
Hi;

i'm crashing my box twice a day running 2.6.11-rc4
when i turn on the Athlon-XP CPU bus disconnect.

When network activity is up over maybe 120KB/s and
i'm playing a video file at the same time, then
chances are good i'll lock up the box.

Box runs a Chaintech Summit 7NIF2 with 1G RAM and
an Audigy 2 sound card. When it locks up sometimes
the sound card goes into a little loop where it
replays approx the half second of audio leading
up to the lockup.

Bus disconnect have never been reliable on my Athlon XP 1800+, regardless of operating system.