Re: 2.6.11rc4: irq 5, nobody cared

From: Wichert Akkerman
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 16:49:36 EST

Previously Jeff Garzik wrote:
> These are _duplicate_ messages. The To/CC doesn't vary in my
> experience. Therefore, sorting on To/CC always guarantees my messages
> go into the correct folder.

It depends highly on how you filter. It do not use To/Cc headers
to choose the mailbox to deliver a message in since that will not work
with things like bounces and aliases. Using headers like List-Id or
X-Mailing-List is reliable, but does not work with the duplicate
filtering you suggested.

It is a matter of choosing your own preference. And ours seem to differ.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@xxxxxxxxx> It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.