Promise sx6000 patch help

From: Joshua Jackson
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 09:06:49 EST

I have spent a bit of time to try to port the Linux 2.4 based Promise SX6000
ATA RAID controller driver to the 2.6 kernels but have gotten myself stuck.

I know very little about writing Linux SCSI drivers and have obviously done
something very wrong. The drive compiles, loads, detects the controller and
even the arrays attached to the controller but hangs the system (hard - no
keyboard, mouse, etc response) 5-10 seconds after loading.

I am quite suspicious of the scatter gather mappings (again, something I have
no experience with). The original driver also uses kmalloc to allocate its
DMA buffers. I have read a bit about pci_allocate_consistent, but do not know
how to properly use the virtual and physical addresses returned.

The following patch is against a stock 2.6.10 kernel. All of the files
associated with the driver get placed in drivers/scsi/sx6000/

http://www.vortech.net/~jjackson/pti-sx6000.patch.gz

Any help in getting this driver functioning would be greatly appreciated.

--
Joshua Jackson
Vortech Consulting