Re: FAUmachine: Looking for a good documented DMA bus master capable PCI IDE Controller card

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 08:42:25 EST

Hello,
to clear things up. We implemented the PIIX IDE controller as part of
the Intel Southbridge 82371AB which is part of the South bridge and a
*onboard* chip. This chip has only two IDE channels AFAIK.

The best thing would be if there is a PCI card or another chipset which
has a PIIX IDE controller with more channels.

Otherwise I look for another easy to implement IDE Bus Master capable
chip with 2 channels which I can implement as PCI Card to use more of
the card to get more DMA capable IDE channels in the virtual machine.

Thomas