Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target

From: Harald Welte
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 04:39:13 EST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:41:47AM -0500, Fao, Sean wrote:
> I wanted to use the TARPIT target provided by Netfilter, but I am unable
> to find the module in the kernel. Has it been removed or am I looking
> in the wrong place?

1) it has never been in the mainstream kernel
2) the netfilter project doesn't support it's dangerous protocol abuse
and will therefor never submit it into the mainline kernel
3) as compromise with the authors, we included it to be part of the
patch-o-matic-ng patchset, available from http://www.netfilter.org/

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.gnumonks.org/
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)