Re: [BK] upgrade will be needed

From: Sean
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 15:03:42 EST

On Fri, February 18, 2005 2:49 pm, Dmitry Torokhov said:

> You from cvs you can import into other SCM of your choise.

This isn't true unfortunately, a lot of information is lost in cvs. file
deletes, renames etc.. Plus, the implementation from Bitkeeper is
lacking, (eg. combining many changes into one).

> Heh, you don't get to update the master repository even if you are
> using BK. And you are free to update your local tree with
> CVS/SVN/whatever. So I am not sure why you trying this argument.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that it be opened up to the public :o)
Just that the flow of information wouldn't all have to originate in bk to
make it into head (ie. bk could pull changes from head too).

Cheers,
Sean.