Re: E-cards for You

From: Michelle Konzack
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 17:55:34 EST

Am 2005-02-17 14:03:08, schrieb Chuck Harding:

> Why can't the list owners apply spamassassin to the list's *incoming*
> mail stream so we don't ever see this stuff? Nearly every one of the
> lists hosted on vger.kernel.org get spammed on a regular basis because
> there is no spam filtering before the messages get passed to majordomo.

Sorry ?

I remember, that for some month I have gotten minimum 15 SPAMs per
day from this List. Siche two (???) month it is very silent here..

I think, there was an Admin which had changed the SPAM-Filter setings.

But one thing:

I an subscribed with two E-Mails to this list, the first one is
secret and get all the mails from the List... SPAM is very rarely.

The second E-Mail is, which I use to post here... and on which I
get per day between 300 and 6000 SPAMs.

I run my own spamassassin on my FileServer for all incoming Messges
and see only 5-20 messages coming through my filters.

Same for the 56 Debian mailinglist where I am subscribed.

I do not know, what happen if kernel.org and debian.org deactivate
the filters... maybe the Internet connection will not sufficiant to
distribute the SPAM.

Greetings
Michelle

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSM LinuxMichi
0033/3/88452356 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)