Re: 2.6.10-ac12 + kernbench == oom-killer: (OSDL)

From: cliff white
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 15:52:24 EST

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:12:06 -0200
Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 02:57:07PM -0800, cliff white wrote:
> >
> > Running 2.6.10-ac10 on the STP 1-CPU machines, we don't seem to be able to complete
> > a kernbench run without hitting the OOM-killer. ( kernbench is multiple kernel compiles,
> > of course ) Machine is 800 mhz PIII with 1GB memory. We reduce memory for some of the runs.
>
> Cliff,
>
> Please try recent v2.6.11-rc3, they include a series of OOM killer fixes from Andrea et all.

Sorry for the delay in response. Recent -bk runs still show this problem, for example:
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/300713/logs/TestRunFailed.console.log.txt
( patch-2.6.11-rc3-bk4 )

cliffw

--
"Ive always gone through periods where I bolt upright at four in the morning;
now at least theres a reason." -Michael Feldman