Swsusp, resume and kernel versions

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 23:49:04 EST

Pavel,

First of all I must say that swsusp has progressed alot and now works
very reliably, at least for my configuration, and I use it a lot. Great
job!

But I think there is one pretty severe issue present - even if swsusp
is not enabled kernel should check if there is an image in swap and
erase it. Today I has somewhat unpleasant experience - after suspending
I accidentially loaded a vendor kernel. I was in hurry and decided that
resume just failed for some reason so I did couple of things and left
the box running. In the evening I realized that I am running vendor kernel
and decided to reboot into my devel. version. What I did not expect is for
the kernel to find a valid suspend image and restore it. As you might
imagine messed up my disk somewhat.

Any chance this can be done?

--
Dmitry