Re: -rc3 leaking NOT BIO [Was: Memory leak in 2.6.11-rc1?]

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 18:33:37 EST

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 12:12 am, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Plenty of moisture there.
>
> Could you please use this patch?  Make sure that you enable
> CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER (might not be needed for __builtin_return_address(0),
> but let's be sure).  Also enable CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB.

Will try that out. For now I tried -rc4 and couple other things - removing
nvidia module doesnt make any difference but removing ndiswrapper and with no
networking the slab growth stops. With 8139too driver and network the growth
is there but pretty slower than with ndiswrapper. With 8139too + some network
activity slab seems to reduce sometimes.

Seems either an ndiswrapper or a networking related leak. Will report the
results with Manfred's patch tomorrow.

Thanks
Parag