Re: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 11:14:56 EST

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 03:54:38PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Romano Giannetti schrieb:
> >
> > I tried with my Sony Vaio FX701. No luck. It goes S3 ok, but it will never
> > come back (blank screen, HDD led fixed on).
> >
> > I am wishing to help, imply tell me what I have to do.
>
> Please tell us about your graphics chipset, your .config, your
> dmesg and the modules loaded. Then we my be able to help.

Oops, sorry, I should have added the info before. My apologies.

Here will find all the info (if you need more, tell me). Note that I tried
with and without ndiswrapper driver loaded, and I have the same hang on
resume (blank screen, HDD light fixed on, and no answer to wireless pings).

One more note: the ndiswrapper *did* survive OK to a disk suspend cycle.

I am running an up-to-date Mandrake 10.0 distribution, with
a kernel 2.6.11-rc1 (Linus tree), on a Sony Vaio PGC-FX701 which is almost
working perfectly.

* Patch applied:
- a little patch for ALPS pad detection.
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/alps-detection-2611rc1.txt

* .config:
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/config-2.6.11rc1.txt

* lsmod after boot:
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/lsmod.txt

* lspci -vv
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/lspci.txt

* dmesg
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/dmesg.txt

* /proc/acpi/dsdt
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/mydsdt.bin

More data on http://perso.wanadoo.es/r_mano/vaio/vaio.html

Thanks again,
Romano

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569