Re: ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning! Use ide-cd andgive dev=/dev/hdX as device

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 17:10:27 EST

On Maw, 2005-02-15 at 17:48, David GÃmez wrote:
> Is going to be merged soon to the mainline 2.6 kernel? I guess this
> bad error handling from ide-cd has something to do with recent messages
> about kernel hanging with bad dvd media.

Up to the maintainer. I've been very busy on thesis stuff but I'll try
and split it out for 2.6.12pre if Bartlomiej wants the changes.

As to the DVD media hang - I think that is unrelated. The ide-cd fixes
deal with end of media error handling primarily and better reporting of
sense data. That affects multisession discs, readahead and some other
oddments rather than any hang cases

Alan